CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Summer Days

Well, we're in the swing of summer for sure. The grass is dry and brown, and it's too hot to do much outside. I love summer and the break from school. It's so wonderful to wake up and not have a hurried agenda for the day. (And trying to keep the kids going along with any agenda is like herding cats -- so a break from that as well.)

The kids had a lot of fun doing VBS last week. Here are a couple of pictures of the kids at the Friday celebration. They even got to ride a camel. At the celebration for the other VBS we did, there were drawings to give away bikes. Ben's name got drawn (much to our surprise), and he won a Batman scooter! Wow!
















Here is a picture of Dave and Bailey on our camping trip. We had a lot of fun being with two other families from our care group. It was good to be out in the woods. The kids even put together a Father's Day Show at this cute, rustic ampitheater with a stage.

Things are busy with the kids....and other moms tell me it only gets busier. I suspect that will be true as I'll be schooling two kids this year, taking on piano lessons, and still being involved in some kind of sport. (And since Ben was named "The Most Aggressive Player" on his baseball team, I think sports is a good outlet for him.) I think I'll stick with a more traditional start to the school year and start the Monday after Labor Day. This way, we'll hopefully be informed about the changes that are going to happen at the plant and of what we'll be doing within the company.

We're excited about coming to Lincoln! I'm sure the time will fly until then. And we'll be praying for Dad to feel good and for Mom to find out soon about her lung and pain in her left side! Dealing with physical pain is one of the very hardest things we go through in life. So much prayer is needed.

Love to you all!

1 comments:

Dennis and Valerie said...

I love your analogy of herding cats. :) :) :)

Batman scooter! Wow- that's so cool. Maybe he is one of those "lucky" guys who will go through life winning lots of draws. I'm convinced that there are people who just end up winning things like that, and then there are people like me, who couldn't even win a "quiet seat prize" at a CEF 5 Day Club to save my life!