Well, we had decided to take the Houston job, but Dave never had peace about it. We loved the place!!! But he decided that he really didn't want to do that job, and I'm glad he did. He called the Houston plant on Tuesday morning to withdraw his name from consideration.
Going through this whole process was very valuable. It is time for Dave to move on to learn more, and we're both excited about all the possibilites. Dave's plan is that he is working in another job a year from now. He is going to try to move within the company now. Currently he is thinking about a job in Philadelphia....that would put us 475 miles away from some sweet canadians we know. :) As job searches go, it's a long process... We've also learned that life just isn't cut and dry! It's very complex, and things don't work out in neat little stories (as I wish they would).
I have been so busy with doctor's visits and yard work. We had a bunch of mulch delivered... and rocks, etc. We've been doing a lot in the yard, and I have the sore back and legs to prove it! I have been enjoying it, though. I want to put some pictures on the other blog when I can.
We're not so sure about our Easter plans. We did mention to Bailey that we'll make homemade ice cream sometime. Ben and Abby have to get shots tomorrow. We're hoping to visit Dollywood at some point this weekend as well.
We love you guys!!
Talk soon!
Desiree
Thursday, April 13, 2006
No Houston Job
Posted by
Anonymous
at
6:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Philadelphia sounds good... ;) ;) I'm just curious- what makes Dave able to move in the company more easily now compared to previous years? I don't understand how it all works. We love you too! Happy Easter!
Post a Comment