We're settled.....sigh of relief! I have been getting rid of boxes like crazy, and I have the sore hands to prove it. Maybe the hands are just a sign of my getting older?... Anyway, we're settled and my hands are sore. We have only three boxes to sort through. Those boxes will be empty and setting by the curb for trash pick up in a matter of hours! YEAH!!
We really like it here: our house, our church, and the city. Dave's job is getting more challenging as he has had product issues to work out and management has been here for a couple of days. But he still really likes it, and the level of work is not nearly as strenuous as Knox.
School is going really well. It's easier to school two kids. Before Ben would just ask repeatedly if Bailey was done so she could play. But now the morning is for school for the whole family. Abby just jumps in her jumper near the table. The kids are doing well at school, and I am enjoying schooling them! They have piano on Tuesdays and Bailey has choir on Thursday evenings. There are many events for homeschoolers around here. I made our school schedule into a four day work week so we can do field trips on Fridays. A local roller skating rink has a homeschool day once a month - tomorrow being the first one. Also, and family from church is coming to visit us in the morning.
Abby is more active and vocal! She loves to be walking around and exploring everything. She's a cute little bean. I think we're getting to the point where we need to start telling her "no." We took the kids on a walk the other night; and she got eaten up by mosquitoes! She has little red dots all over her face and a couple scratch marks. When she drops something, she hums uh-oh. She has the intonation...but she just hums it. When she wants something, she says, "Mmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm!!!!" in a really angry way! She also says "Ma ma ma ma ma" when she wants me or some person. She also says 'dang u mah" and "dang um" when she is "talking" or when we give her something. Maybe she is trying to say "thank you." And she sings "bah bah bah." Cute, cute, cute! She also has a little attitude and pushes your face away if she doesn't want to be held. Bailey and I are laughing as I write this. Hee hee.
The weather here is still pretty warm. There are no signs of fall what-so-ever. There is no fall decor in the store or turning leaves, etc. Two days ago it was 88 degrees. People were joking about getting out their scarfs and ear muff!!! :) I haven't been down to the beach yet. I am hoping to do that soon!
We love you guys and are praying for you! We love keeping in touch through the blogs!!!
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Settled
Posted by
Anonymous
at
11:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Great to get the update. I am glad school is going so well. We had a little kindergardener and her "parents" at our door this week with a fundraiser catalog for field trips at Brownell Elem. I just wonder what our tax money goes for. Seems like field trips have always been taken care of through the school. I ordered some dumb thing I'll pass along to somebody. (Don't I sound bitter?)
We really enjoyed the DVD you sent. Thank you Bailey, for your kind note. Love you all, Mom and Dad
Post a Comment