CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

November News

This is great that Matt and Sarah have joined the forces of blogging! This will really help us to keep in touch.

Well, I had a great time in Phoenix! We took 8 ladies from our church, and 800 other ladies from the west (including BC, Canada) made up the conference. It was a great time all around: the teaching, fellowship, seeing Phoenix, the break! I plan to blog about it when I get a chance...and would like to put a video on the post...IF I can figure it out! Dave kept telling me that he couldn't believe how hard it is to be a stay-at-home mom. (I hear that hearty amen from you guys!) He did great, though, and the kids *loved* their extended time with Daddy. They taught me their favorite game they played while I was gone: Grandma's Big Fat Toe. Remember that one? It's hilarious watching the kids trying not to laugh.

Well, the temperatures are barely chilly down here. The Houstonians are getting out their heavy coats and "freezing." Dave just keeps saying, "I'm not cold..." I am looking forward to having a family Thanksgiving, Lord willing. We were planning on camping this month... But it appears that work demands will keep is in town. December is proving to be a busy month as we have piano recitals, holiday baking, hopefully some hospitality, etc.

Things are going well at church, and we've been asked to be on the worship team. It's funny to think of Dave singing without an instrument, but we're happy to serve in any way needed. These ladies are so loving! I feel very cared for. I am working on a DVD of the pictures from the retreat.

School is going well. We're all looking forward to taking next week off. We're certainly due a break. Ben is working on his letters (H and I right now), and learning 10's in math. He does well in Math despite writing most of his numbers backwards. Bailey's Math proves to be a challenge. But we're working on multiplication tables along with her curriculum. She is enjoying reading her books. She is reading a biography of Martha Washington right now. My favorite is our Bible Timeline!

Abby is all over the place! If we tell her "yes" or "no" she shakes her head for each. She isn't talking yet...but she babbles.

Love to you all!
Desiree

3 comments:

Dennis and Valerie said...

Glad you had so much fun at the conference, Des! That's neat that there were ladies all the way from BC.

Anonymous said...

There were a group of ladies from Juarex, mexico, too! (I forgot to mention that.) It was neat b/c the ladies from Mexico all wore these colorful scarfs! They had translators for them!

Anonymous said...

It was NOT Grandma's Big Fat Toe, it was PINK TOADS!-Bai