It's been awhile since I've posted on this blog! We are doing ok. Lael and Aria are both fighting their third cold in four weeks. Last night was rough. Aria woke up crying her little heart out at 1:15am. That is very unusual. So I got up after a little bit and found her burning up in her bed. Lael has never really had a high fever before, so I was scared and didn't really know what to do.
I took her temperature which was 38.9 C under her arm, which is who knows what in Farenheit. I have more trouble trying to figure out what is normal in Celcius. I have a piece of paper torn out from a baby magazine that tell me that normal under arm temps in a baby can range from 34.7 to 37.3. So judging by that, I'm figuring that 38.9 was pretty high, but I don't really know how to gauge it, because there are somethign like 1 Celcius degree to every 3 Farenheit degrees. See how frustrating this can get?!
So anyway, I didn't have the right kind of baby tylenol on hand (arghhhh), so I had to go out all the way across town to the 24 hour grocery store and get some. I got back home around 2am. We gave her the medicine and striped her down to a onesie. She cooled down considerable and stopped crying, so I gave her a bottle of clear fluids and she went back to bed happily.
I was so scared that on the way back from the grocery store I was thinking about whether God was going to want to take her back- and I started praying that I'd be ready to give her... *sigh* Obviously I'm a bit of a hypochodriac, but at least it resulted in something good- committing her to God once again! :)
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Easton Update
Posted by
Dennis and Valerie
at
9:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I used an online calculator and figured out the 38.9 degrees C is 102 degrees F. And then you have to add a degree to get to normal oral temp- so it was 103.
Praying for a better day for you and the girls. Love, Mom
Val, I still do the same thing with my little babies. A mother's heart is something, isn't it? I hope they get feeling better!! When you have multiple little ones they pass sickness around. :( Not good.
Post a Comment