This is a great idea, Val. Here we can write the normal news of the kids that only interests family anyway! I am going to love getting the currents news of Lael and Aria...and maybe we can get other family members to post, too.
BAILEY: In school we're getting ready for our yearly test. Everyday we do some pages in our Miquan math book and Write Away grammar workbook. But since we're working through a practice test book, we usually just do one. We also practice handwriting and we're doing a Bible timeline. Some days we do all the things, and some days we don't have time. We also explore where ever the kids questions might take us...get maps out, human body books, looking up interesting words in the dictionary... These times are precious. They're born from the kids asking "kid" questions, but usually turn into learning that the kids remember for good. Testing is March 20-22.
All these pictures are ones that the kids took. The one above (The Beauty Photograph, as Bailey has named it) took the kids quite a long time to set up. (Notice all the props they used...) The other common games are dolls, barbies, computer games, and scooters outside. Usually playtime turns into some made up game where the kids take different items from around the house. It looks like a mess to me, but it is something real to them. Bailey spends quite a bit of time reading. Her favorite book, by far, is Making Ordinary Days Etraordinary that Dennis and Val gave her. She reads it over and over. She also likes catalogs of any kind. Today she read two chapters in Encyclopedia Brown. I am working on finding a piano teacher. I may have that done by the end of the week.
Ben is playing teeball. His team is called The Bower Field Bluejays. He is the tallest kid on his team...but not at all the best player. But he's one of the most enthusiastic, for sure! Last practice he was third baseman, but he ran all over the field trying to catch any ball that was hit. Dave and I are trying to learn right along with him as the coach teaches the rules and skills of the game. For example, last week Ben broke the "number one rule" which is "to never never NEVER get on your knees to catch a ball." I felt scolded as Ben got corrected and made a note to self!! As I write, Dave and Ben are at practice. It's a rather late night for 5 year olds, but the only open slot for a week practice was Monday nights at 8 pm.
Ben also continues to learn about God and the gospel. Last night in the middle of the night he woke up and came to my bedside. He said, "Mom, are you sure there's nothing you have to do to go to heaven? Just believe?" Dave and I said, "That's right, just believe." Then I told him he didn't have to worry because God LOVES him and God will let him know what to do. This morning when Ben came downstairs all warm and sleepy-headed, I just cuddled him and said joyfully, "Ben, isn't God good? He's drawing you, Ben. He's working on your heart!" God is good. I am so thankful for God's active work in the kids' lives!
If the price is right, Ben will get to take piano lessons too. He really wants to learn. His new tallent is computer games. It's really funny to watch him play. He gets into it.... it makes Dave and I laugh.
Little Abigail is growing, as you can see. She sits in her high chair now and she wants to eat! Tonight she had mashed up beans and cornbread. She is a pure delight for all of us, and she's very smiley. She rolls over both ways now and scoots all over the floor. Tonight she had her first time in the real tub, sitting in a little tub chair. Bailey got to go in with her and Bailey laughed and laughed. I hope Bailey remembers this "first."
The next post won't be as long. But this is a great idea, and it will make the miles much shorter!
Monday, March 06, 2006
Family Blog: Entry 1
Posted by
Anonymous
at
6:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
This is so great!!! I love hearing about Bai, Ben and Abby. :) I have a feeling that this will be a busy blog site. :) That is so precious about Ben and his questions. I remember having the same middle of the night questions when Christ was drawing me. Remember that, Mom? You sat on a chair to demonstrate faith? :)
Post a Comment