We've been enjoying some nice temperatures this week. We picked up some flower bulbs last week, so the kids and I have been working in the yard! Yesterday we cleared the grass along the side of the house by the pump station. Today after school, we planted some orange day lillies that we had already and some lilly bulbs of different colors.
The kids really wanted to help and dig!!! It was hard for me yesterday to try to shovel and work with them right under me... Then I realized that they were actually doing a very valuable chore - they were removing rocks from the bed! There were a rather large amount of rocks in that area. When they would hit a rock, they would shout "Rock alert, rock alert." Then Ben and Bailey would get their shovels and get to digging to get it out. The rest of the time I let them have the "rock removal duty," and I could get the more difficult things done.
Today Bailey helped a lot with planting the bulbs...she really likes doing that. We planted some tulip bulbs last fall, and she really loved that.
We have more yard work to do still today. I will try to take a picture of our new lilly bed!
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
Spring Has Sprung
Posted by
Anonymous
at
12:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment